Eyebrow threading is an ancient hair-removal technique, practiced for centuries among the most beautiful women of Asia and the Middle East. It is the best alternative to waxing and tweezing, especially for sensitive skin. Unlike waxing, threading does not remove a layer of skin, which can leave the skin on your face susceptible to sun damage.
Many of our customers agree that threading causes less discomfort than waxing. Because it targets individual hairs, threading keeps skin irritation to a minimum. Excessive pulling on delicate skin around the eyes is eliminated, and for those sensitive to waxing or depilatory products, there is no exposure to irritants.
The best known technique is indian, however at Secret Spot we use the persian technique, it consists of wrapping the thread around the neck to support it instead of the mouth, this is for hygiene reasons and to guarantee the greater comfort for our customers.
What are the benefits of threading?
- Less messy and time consuming than waxing.
- 100% natural; no artificial waxes, chemicals or invasive techniques used
- Hair does not grow back as fast.
- The skin doesn’t usually get red and irritated.
- Threading can target individual hairs.
- Hair only needs to grow just above the skin to get threaded.
- Over time, hair becomes finer and more sparse.
- Threading will pick up the finest hairs from the surface of the skin.
- 100% suitable for skin that is too sensitive for waxing or laser hair removal
At Secret Spot we use this technique for the eyebrows, the sideburns, above the lip, the chin, the nose and the forehead.
If you are interested in trying this technique, either because you think is natural or because your skin is very sensitive and every time you use other hair removal technique you get irritated, and we know how annoying it is, get in touch with us and we will be more than glad to help you